7 Quick Takes Friday



1. I'm taking this idea from Jennifer Fulwiler, who blogs at Conversion Diary. She's been doing the 7 Quick Takes Friday for three years as a way to do little updates and announcements without having to write a full blog post about each thing. I think it's an awesome idea.

2. This has been a really rough week for me, just a series of mistakes and roadblocks. I haven't been this excited about the end of a week in a long time.

3. A cub and mother black bear were spotted about two streets over from where I live. I live in the very middle of town, so I'm still trying to figure out how the bears got into town before anyone noticed them.

4. I'm still having a hard time explaining just why I felt like I needed to join the Catholic Church. Part of it is because I'm never sure what someone's reaction might be (some Protestants have really crazy opinions on Catholics) and part is because when I say, "The Spirit led me." it feels like a cop-out of an explaination even if it's true.

5. On a related note, I'm not joining the Church because my boyfriend is Catholic. I know some people think that's the case, but I take my faith more seriously than to change it for someone else.

6. I'm enjoying RCIA, even though I wish there were some people my age. I feel like it's very slow, which is better than being rushed through I suppose. I'm glad I have the time to learn things and reflect that this is what I really need, but I'm also starting to impatient, wanting to go deeper or faster.

7. It's finally starting to get chilly here. I love jacket weather. I sort of miss walking to class in weather like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment