7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 74)



1. I read The Time Machine last week and really enjoyed it. The Morlocks were just as scary as I remember them from the Wishbone episode (where I get most of my literature).

2. I don’t know how many other books I’ll get read this semester (or blog posts written). I already have a ton of articles to read and papers to write. Here’s my stack of textbooks for the semester.

3. I really like the discussion and topics in my classes. I’m still trying to find my place, but I think I’m on the right path. And I already worked both Chesterton and string theory into discussions, so there’s that.

4. I don’t listen to the radio, so I’m never up on the new songs. But I did catch the VMA performance everyone can’t stop talking about. This version of Miley’s summer hit makes it sound almost classy. If new music on the radio sounded like this, I might listen to it more often.


5. Then again, I am pretty darn attached to my smartphone. Perfect playlists, podcasts, and no commercials. My only problem is that I’m starting to hit space restrictions. I’ve only had this phone for about 18 months, and I already can’t remember how I got stuff done without it. Speed of technology is amazing(ly scary).

6. So what have I been listening to? Well, this week included a podcast on the TOS episode “City on the Edge of Forever” and then Pulp’s “Common People” on repeat. I didn’t see any connection, even though both the episode and song are proletariat. So imagine my delight in finding this gem. 


7. And finally, in breaking news, pope still Catholic:

No comments:

Post a Comment