Off the Mountain


I’m back from my summer and getting adjusted back to the real world. It’s sad to leave the daily masses and free meals. I feel utterly unprepared for the coming semester. But I’m avoiding my worries by catching up on sleep and writing. I will be posting some of my thoughts through the summer in the next few days. 

I’m not sure how I feel about the summer. I didn’t particularly enjoy it, but I certainly didn’t dislike it. But people don’t like to hear about how you are neutral. There was a tranquility in doing something purposeful. I think I needed it, and hopefully I did some good. Is it alright to have an experience and not have clear feelings and thoughts on it? To just go do it and then move forward? 

Maybe I’m not that changed. Maybe I am and just not seeing the change yet. I hope I have become more comfortable discussing my faith and better disciplined. But environment could change all that back. Time, and not my usual over-analysis, will have to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment