7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 105)


1. Jon Stewart’s last Daily Show was last night. It was really fun seeing all the correspondents that had worked with him over the past 17 years. And Colbert even worked in some Tolkien.

2. And how pointing that Jon’s last night was the same night as a GOP date. Even though it was a comedy show, Jon did a lot to explain media and politics to my generation. What a state of affairs that it still takes the court jester to speak the truth.

3. Speaking of the debate, a combination of drinking games and Twitter feeds got me through it. It’s a long time until November 2016. #feelthebern

4. To add to the depressing news, Kermit and Piggy announced their break-up. Which would be quite sad but it really indicates that the new Muppet show is on its way.

5. I don’t know if this applies to a particular situation this week, but it does encapsulate my life.

6. My job search is having some stop-starts; my stress has been out of control this week. It’s difficult for me to write when I’m doubting so much about myself.

7. I have little things like mini zen gardens to occupy my time.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment