7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 3)



1. I haven’t been writing much this week, and I really want to get back into the swing of things next week. For someone who considers herself a writer, I have certainly not been in the writing mood much lately.

2. One of the reasons I haven’t been writing is that the director of RCIA gave me my own copy of the Catechism and I’ve been engrossed in that. Yay!

3. Even though I get bored a lot at work, I’m also grateful for all the free time to read. There are a lot of positives in my life right now, or maybe I’m just starting to see it that way.

4. I’m putting together a plan for losing serious weight this winter. I’m already dreading the holiday food. It gets me every time.

5. Other than that, I’m super looking forward to the holidays already, even though there is still over a month until Thanksgiving. I’m especially looking forward to celebrating Advent in the Catholic Church, new mass and all.

6. I really want to go to the local haunted corn maze this weekend, but I’m having trouble rounding up people to go. Corn mazes are definitely a group activity.

7. Exactly what am I supposed to be commemorating this month? October is “National (insert a bazillion causes here) Month.” It’s hard to keep track, and even harder to get support for your monthly cause of choice, when there are dozens of causes vying for everyone’s support.

This month’s list includes, but not limited to:
  • National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

  • National Book Month

  • National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

  • Filipino-American History Month

  • LGBT History Month

  • Italian-American History Month

  • National Bullying Prevention Month

  • National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

  • National Pizza Month (Yes, that's really a thing. Oh, America.)

No comments:

Post a Comment