7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 5)



1. The Rite of Welcoming is this Sunday!

2. November begins next week, which means it’s time for National Novel Writing Month again. I tried it last year but didn’t complete it because of a host of personal things. 50,000 words in 30 days. I have a lot of free time at work, so hopefully I’ll do better this year!

3. I feel like I have this great story, but I don’t trust my own writing skills to express it well enough to do it justice. Maybe just pumping out words with help, or maybe it will just make me even more uncertain. I’m definitely my worst critic when it comes to my writing.

4. November also means I should hear back from the school I applied to. I really want working on my second degree next semester. I don’t know what I’ll do with myself if I have to wait until next fall.

5. If I do start school in the spring, I’m thinking of using my spring break to go to Taize, especially if I could get someone to go with me. I get nervous travelling alone. But if I can’t go to Taize, maybe I can find a spiritual retreat within driving range that will work too.

6. I have a list of books I want to read, most of them religious. I’m trying to decide whether to put them on a Christmas list, or just break out the credit card and buy them now. I get impatient when it comes to books.

7. I woke up with Adele’s “Someone Like You” stuck in my head this morning. It’s a pretty depressing song to have stuck in your head while trying to get out bed and it’s still dark outside. But it’s also a really beautiful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment