7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 34)


1. The Fortnight for Freedom kicked off yesterday. It's important to be informed and to use these two weeks for extra prayer for our country. Yet instead of thinking about injustice, or martyrs, or fractious bickering this morning, I want to use my Quick Takes for something more optimistic. Because some days, you just need to feel awesome about humanity.

2. I've always liked Jon Stewart because of his honest, funny way of parodying news. This is the autotuned version of his really awesome speech at the Rally to Restore Sanity a few years ago.

3. I am convinced that waking up to this song every morning would make every day just a bit better.

4. Go, Pixar! Brave opens today, and I saw the trailer for Monsters University earlier this week.

5. I hope if aliens ever arrive on Earth, we all look as happy as this video of dancing all over the world makes us look.

6. Speaking of aliens and space, this is an oldie but a goodie. Science is understanding creation, and creation is beautiful.

7. Whovian that I am, I've watched this video maybe five times this week alone. It's a great summery of the 50-year-old franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment