7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 61)



Papal abdication and the beginning of Lent? What a hell of a week for the Church. (I can’t decide if it’s an appropriate or a perfectly inappropriate use of “hell.”) I already wrote a bit on Pope Benedict’s announcement that he’s stepping down, so for Quick Takes, I’ll focus on my Lenten plans:

1. Reading: The campus Catholic Center is handing out books, Rediscover Catholicism. I think I’m still in the process of first discovery, but I’m planning on making a good dent in this.

2. Devotions: I got a book of daily Celtic devotions for Christmas, and I’m going to try to make it a routine.

3. Rosary: I could be ambitious and say I’ll do it daily, but I’m going to be realistic and aim for twice a week. 

4. Fasting/Abstinence: Along with giving up sweets, I’m following the Church instructions on abstinence on Fridays. But as a poor college kid, I don’t eat meat every day already, so I’m going to make sure my meals on Fridays are particularly simple.

5. Reconciliation: Required to go during the season, but definitely need to go anyway. Pretty straightforward.

6. Adoration: I love Adoration, and there are increased opportunities for it during Lent.

7. Ok, this isn’t really Lent-related, but I just loved this video. A story of the first man’s best friend.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has the Celtic Prayer book and loves it. (He and I met online over our love of Celtic Christianity.)

    ReplyDelete