I’m approaching a quarter century, and I’m still figuring out what I want to do when I grow up. So my quick takes this week are a list of all the possibilities I’ve considered in just this past week:
1.College professor. Get to be around academia all the time and smallest chance of helicopter parents.
2. Librarian. But not the new “media specialist” kind. The kind that shelves books and shhs people all day.
3. Graphic designer. Making things organized and visually appealing. This option was alluring for a few minutes after kicking ass on a Photoshop task.
4. Dominican. Not really a career choice so much as a vocation. I’ve just been reading a lot about Dominican orders (including 3rd order!) lately.
5. Writer. This one is always there. I love writing, even when it’s frustrating or I have nothing to say. It’s finding my niche that’s holding me back from fully embracing it.
6. Hermit. If anyone knows how to be a hermit on salary, let me know.
7. I couldn’t think of a seventh. Honestly, those six are mostly the same thing: I want to be around books and ideas more than people. I’m working on being more social and more connected to others, but I’m also embracing the fact that I’m a major introvert. Maybe I’ll find a good balance once I grow up.