1. I’m really enjoying my research, but it’s going far too quickly. I am totally the man from the Twilight Zone classic “Time Enough at Last.”
2. It’s Sex Week on campus this week. There was a big hullabaloo about funding it, but I haven’t actually heard anything about it. There is nothing particularly bad about a series of lectures and panels about sex, especially on a college campus. Although I doubt there were any panels on abstinence and chastity.
3. Favorite line from TV this week via 30 Rock: “Everyone knows that the weight of a lie makes your soul so heavy you won’t rise up to heaven. And you won’t look good in jeans from behind.”
4. Favorite line from the internet this week via Reddit: “If I know one thing about the folk of East TN, they're real good Christians - unless you tell them they have to be! Delightful and ornery bunch of people y'all.”
5. Valentine’s Day is this weekend. Normally, it’s a commercialized holiday about sappy love. This year, it’s about the release of pornographic-Twilight-fanfiction-turned-movie 50 Shades of Grey. Because nothing says love like fantasizing abusive relationships.
|And such good writing. This is an actual quote. |
I guess cheeks are the color of nineteenth century printing?
6. Next week starts Lent. So ready for this necessary time.
7. Update on my dear Pope Emeritus.