7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 103)


1. I’m not posting regularly because I have no regular schedule because I have no job and it sucks.

2. I am getting bolder with what I consider “qualified” and “experience” to mean when I write cover letters and apply to jobs. I’m also getting more creative with snarky comebacks to questions like, “Found anything yet?” and “Well, what do you want to do?”

3. If the church here had perpetual adoration (or any adoration hours), I’d be putting in some solid time there.

4. Instead, I’m reading writers like Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Camus, which is just adding to Lost Gen depression and existential angst. Good choices of literature; bad choices for mood stabilizers.

5. A dose of good theology and comic strips could probably help.



6. Several high schoolers and alum from my alma mater will be singing in St. Peter’s at the Vatican today! Wishing them safe travels and a wonderful time! (and secretly praying for their conversions.)

7. Since I am not in Italy, I’m just looking forward to the new season of Orange is the New Black and the $5 movie day at the local theater. Excitement can come in many different levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment