1. I had a few ideas for posts this week but time escaped me. Hopefully that means I will have several things next week.
2. First off, I love that papal encyclicals get trailers now.
3. I have not read Laudato Si yet, but I am planning to shortly. I hear it quotes other bishops as well, showing the many people and groups that are concerned for how we damage the environment in hollow pursuits.
4. So far, I’ve heard positive things, but it doesn't seem like there is any earth-shattering revelation. (Earth-shattering=unintended pun.)
6. The two major flaws in the movie are in the main female lead. 1) She has a straight bob for much of the beginning that suddenly turns perfectly wavy once she’s running around. No hair does that. And what conditioner is she using that keeps hair wavy but not frizzy in Costa Rica? 2) Running in heels. So much running in heels.
7. As for the tragedy in Charleston, there isn’t much I can say. It’s horrible and evil and sadly becoming too familiar. I think Jon Stewart expressed it best.