Friday, February 3, 2012
7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 19)
1. Fact I learned this week: The Bonfire of the Vanities took place on my birthday, February 7th.
2. My 91-year-old granddad is still trying to figure out his new computer. I find it so adorable that I don’t even mind when he emails me spammy jokes.
3. I had my first English muffin this week. Not quite sure why I’d never had one before. Anyway, my mom fixed an egg, avocado, and bacon sandwich on an English muffin, and it was delicious.
4. For one of my classes, we had to participate in a group of team building exercises. I’m pretty sure the person who comes up with team building exercises just tries to create the corniest games for adults to play, knowing that the shared embarrassment will lead to some sort of bonding. Since that’s the point, I guess they are pretty successful. And it was certainly better than just sitting in a three-hour class.
5. I have two exams and one presentation next week. That’s why too much for someone only taking three classes. But I’m still enjoying it, and I’m really glad I decided to go back to school. Maybe I’ll just be a professional student.
6. I’m looking forward on catching up on "Sherlock" this weekend. I love that each episode is 90 minutes; I feel like I get to watch a new movie each week.
7. Speaking of movies, I really want to see The Artist, but of course, it’s not playing anywhere near here. Even though I know it won’t, I hope The Artist starts a silent trend in film, because I love old silents.
Check out others' Quick Takes here!