7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 38)



1. Last week was a rollercoaster, academically. I got the only A on the test in one class, and then a D on the test in my other class (and that was after a curve boosted my score). One of the pitfalls of summer school is two tests a week. As someone who has never really had to study, trying to be more studious is difficult.

2. I’ve also been trying to get some reading done. So far, I’ve started seven books and only finished one.

3. I read The Giver for the first time. All of my friends had read it at some point in elementary/middle school, so I’m not really sure how I avoided it. When I read the back cover, I realized it was dystopian, so I was optimistic, but I must say, I was disappointed with the story. It had potential but just left me blah.

4. I’m currently working on Flatland, and so far, I find it really cute. I don’t read a lot of sci-fi because I usually get lost in the techno-babble, but perhaps nineteenth century sci-fi novellas are more my style.

5. My mom made some curtains for my apartment. She also got me a small sewing machine. I’ve always wanted to be able to sew, but every time I’ve tried a sewing machine, the results have been less than decent.

6. All summer I had been commenting on how it wasn’t really that humid (for summer in Tennessee). Well, we’ve had lots of big storms in the past week. The stickiness of my skin and the epic frizziness of my hair say the humidity has arrived.

7. My weekend plans:


No comments:

Post a Comment