7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 46)



1. Am I the only one who doesn’t know what to do with her hands during Mass? Mass engages so many of the senses, but my hands feel left out and awkward. I’m convinced the act of putting one’s hands together when praying comes from people feeling clumsy about their hands during Mass.

2. It suddenly became the dark time of the year. I go to class in the dark. I walk home from evening Mass in the dark. It’s sort of annoying, but I sort of love it. I think I have the opposite of seasonal depression.

3. Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock are now on Netflix streaming. I am forgetting how I watched movies and old TV shows before Netflix. (I vaguely remember going to a store to rent a VHS. Like a barbarian.)

4. Also Trek related, I think TOS wins the award for best episode titles. My favorites:
·         Tomorrow is Yesterday (1.19)
·         The City on the Edge of Forever (1.27)
·         Who Mourns for Adonais? (2.03)
·         Is There in Truth No Beauty? (3.05)
·         For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky (3.08)
·         Requiem for Methuselah (3.19)

5. Also geek related, is Doctor Who a religion?
 
I wrote a couple of posts about the religious themes I see in Doctor Who. This guy is making a different point (that Whovianism is a religion), but I thought it was pretty neat.

6. Also Who related, I think I’m going to be (Spoilers!) River Song for Halloween. 

7. Also Who related again (I didn’t mean for these posts to tie into one another. I didn’t even write them all at the same time.), I thought the send-off of Amy and Rory last week was wonderful. I loved the imagery of the statues all over Manhattan, I loved River being vulnerable around the Doctor, and I even loved saying goodbye to my favorite companions.

Check out others' Quick Takes here!

1 comment:

  1. I tell my voice students that that old hands-clasped pose you see in The Sound of Music is for the same reason: something to do with your hands.

    ReplyDelete