7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 48)




1. I had a relaxing and fun fall break last weekend. Some friends and I went to the local corn maze for the first time since high school. And having Monday and Tuesday off  really helped this week fly by.

2. NaNoWriMo is almost here. I successfully wrote a 50,000 word story last year (not a good 50,000 word story), and I really want to again this year, but with school full-time, I’m not sure how much I will be able to do.

3. I’ve been working on a series of short stories, so I might just try to get 50,000 words’ worth of those written in a month, because I seem to go faster by breaking the arching story into serials. 

4. Speaking of November, I have two exams in my day classes and a group presentation in my night class on November 1, which makes skipping any of those classes to get to Mass difficult. While I support separation of church and state, I would support a “no exams on holy days of obligation” rule.

5. And on a secular note, there should be a “no exams on the day after Halloween” rule anyway. I’m guessing there will be a lot of students taking exams while battling a hangover that day.

6. It got warm again this week. I want the cool fall weather to stay! I got out my jackets and boots and everything. 

7. I’ve been trying to eat better, but I suspect that the purchasing of Halloween candy will commence this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment