7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 47)




1. Fall break is here (Well, almost. I'm typing this quickly right before my last class)! I should use the time to catch up…but I won’t.

2. I am looking forward to doing some autumny things this weekend, like going to the pumpkin patch/corn maze, drinking hot cider, and enjoying the not-too-hot/not-too-cold jacket weather.

3. While I didn’t watch the presidential debate and probably won’t watch the next debate, I did watch the VP debate last night. I didn’t even pay attention to what they said; I just enjoyed the cat fight and Twitter and Facebook feeds. Fact: Twitter is a lot funnier than Facebook.

4. I thought it was interesting that both tickets have a Catholic VP pick and that they debated on the first day of the Year of Faith. 

5. My dad’s birthday is today, and I’m excited about going home to celebrate! (But only after I finish class. And laundry. And job applications. Didn't I say I was on break?)

6. I’ve refrained from buying any Halloween candy yet, but I may not make it much longer. Reese’s cups, Sweet Tarts, Twizzlers, Hersey bars…The sweet kick-off of the Eating Season (Halloween through New Years.)

7. I’ve really liked this prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas recently:
“Grant me, O Lord my God, a mind to know you, a heart to seek you, wisdom to find you, conduct pleasing to you, faithful perseverance in waiting for you, and a hope of finally embracing you. Amen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment