7 Quick Takes Friday (vol.13)



1. I’m writing later than normal today because I’m house-sitting for some friends this week. It’s odd to have so much alone time just before Christmas, but it’s also nice to be staying away from the internet.

2. I got a new car last weekend! I wasn’t expecting such a big gift from my parents, but I’m so grateful. It’s a 2011 Subaru Impreza. I’m glad to have four-wheel drive since I start commuting to school in January.

3. I also bought a black cardigan this week! I have wanted a black cardigan for months, but it has actually been really difficult to find. Now I can wear my short sleeve dresses to church. Although, it was 67 degrees yesterday, so the cardigan isn’t even needed.

4. Since it’s the week before Christmas, mom and I made her delicious peanut butter balls dipped in dark chocolate. It’s my favorite sweet!

5. My aunt is staying with us for a few nights over Christmas. It will fun having another person on the big day. She and granddad are joining us for church on Christmas Day. Dad will get to go too since he found someone else to work (he has had to work on Christmas for as long as I can remember).

6. Almost there!

7. Because family will be in, I’ll be going to the Christmas Eve service at the Cumberland Presbyterian church, then the early service on Christmas Day at the Catholic church, then the 10 a.m. service at the Cumberland Presbyterian church. The C.P. church is combining its two services since it figured a lot of people wouldn’t come on Christmas Day, and I’ve heard other churches have cancelled because of Christmas falling on a Sunday. It seems to me, that should be one of the days the church is overflowing. Seriously, canceling church because it’s Christmas? That screams of messed-up priorities.

Read others' Quick Takes here!

1 comment:

  1. my husband's parish is one of the few having services on christmas day. the sunday after christmas is usually a service of carols so i'm kind of confused as to why people are cancelling church just because christmas falls on sunday.

    ReplyDelete