7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 11)



Christmas decoration edition! Almost all the decorations are up at the house (except the tree, which we never put up until after the 10th. And it's finally getting cold and starting to feel like December!

1. Second week of Advent. It was pretty lonely doing the Advent wreath by myself for a few days while my parents were in New Orleans. I made up for it by trying to take "artsy" photos of the flames.



2. The stockings are hung by the chimney with care!



3. I set up the Dickensville houses on the mantle and side table this year. Here is the church with its own Nativity set.



4. We have a collection of Santa ornaments, depicting Santa from years 1813-1938 (we have most but not all of them). My favorite has always been the 1889 Santa, because he came with a Mrs. Claus!



5. The Nativity set. Some years we have the wise men in a different part of the house until January, but I put them all together this year. I don't know if I've just gotten used to seeing Jesus on the cross more, but the manger looks extra-empty this year. In a good way. I like waiting for Him.



6. This is a picture I painted in 6th grade art class, but we always put it out with my mom's snowman collection. It really is the peak of my fine arts skills.



7. Not a decoration, but my mom brought this back for me from New Orleans this week! It's a Lady of Prompt Succor chaplet from the Ursuline convent.

No comments:

Post a Comment