7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 12)



1. Rejoice! We're over halfway to Christmas!

2. Last Friday night, I went to the Madrigal dinner at church. I loved the wassail and costumes and music. I got to history geek out and get in the Christmas mood! And the priest’s magic show was great!

3. I watched the 1947 Miracle on 34th Street last night. I had forgotten how good that movie is. Except it had been colorized. What's the point of colorizing movies? I'd much prefer my old movies be untampered with. Black and white doesn't bother me. However, it was a pretty good color job, and I still enjoyed it. Now I've seen all the Christmas movies I traditionally watch except A Christmas Story, and I save that for Christmas Day when it's on for 24 hours.

4. I bought Rome Sweet Home by Scott and Kimberly Hahn and read through it in one day. Everyone kept telling me I'd enjoy it, and I did. I particularly enjoyed how each of them prayed the rosary the first time, making a prayer beforehand that it was alright to do so. I totally did that too. I think the Hail Mary prayer is big stumbling block for Protestants becoming Catholic. Our Protestant friends can't figure out why we want to do it, and our Catholic friends can't figure out why it's a challenge. But it was good to learn that it's not just me.

5. I'm also trying to read through the Old Testament while I'm at work. So far, I'm halfway through Leviticus, and I'm actually enjoying it. I'm not making myself do it. I'm just reading for pleasure. I've never been able to read the Old Testament for pleasure before. I guess I'm just at the right place to really get something out of it this time.

6. My parents are selling my car tomorrow. I'll be getting my mom's old car. I'm grateful to have cars I don't have to pay for, and I'm happy to have 4-wheel drive before winter sets in, but I'm still said to see my car go. I didn't know about this until a few days ago, and I didn't realize how attached I was to having my own car.

7. We finally got the tree up!

No comments:

Post a Comment