7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 55)


1. I few hours after I wrote my post about the Immaculate Conception and nonlinear time, I learned that December 8 was Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day. I'm so hip. 

2. The campus center didn’t have services on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, so I went to the local parish. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Latin for the Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus and the Agnes Dei. They are starting to offer Latin services every other week, and hopefully I can make it to one soon. [insert promise to self to study my Latin with no real intention to do so here] 

3. Krispy Kreme has red velvet doughnuts and snowman shaped doughnuts for Christmas. I really hate that I discovered that. At the same time, I found a perfect post-finals treat.

5. The cutest look at Curiosity. Cool things to find. In other space news, it’s been over 40 years since we’ve had a man on the moon. Sads.   

6. I got an eye infection this week that made me uber-sensitive to light. Do you want to know what you can’t use when you’re photophobic? Computers, TVs, smartphones (even with brightness turned all the way down), reading lamps. Life gets pretty boring. Fortunately, St. Lucy came through for me, and it seems to be clearing up (I actually went out in the sun and everything). 

7. Finally, finally on break! I haven’t had a Christmas break in three years, and I’m sort of excited to have it again. As I turned in my finals, teachers kept telling me “Have a good Christmas.” I was in such a study daze, I had completely forgotten about the whole Christmas thing. But now that I have no academic responsibilities for a month, I’m ready to get my Yule on.

4. I thought I had finished my Quick Takes until I realized I had no #4. I'm leaving it this way to show how sleep deprived I am. So, random awesome cello music:


Check out others' Quick Takes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment