7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 66)


1. I sort of disappeared for a couple of weeks, but now I have a few free days before I leave to study abroad, so hopefully I will get back into the writing rhythm. I’m glad to finally be done with this semester and this major. I don’t really know what I’ll be doing this fall, but I’m ok with that right now.

2. I’m participating in my first novena this week, starting today and going to Pentecost. I’ve been lacking in the spiritual discipline department, so I’m looking forward to this.

3.


4. I made a list of all the movies I want to see that come out between now and July 3. I have lots of trips to the theater in my future.

5. I also made a list of all the books I want to read this summer. I’m really good at making book lists and really bad at following through. If I make a list of seven or eight, maybe I’ll get two read.

6. I need to make a list of podcasts for plane rides, because books are heavy, and I refuse to read books on electronic devices.

7. Hmm, three points on this list are about list-making. It’s either very meta or very obsessive-compulsive. List-making is how I avoid actually doing things, so it’s easy to tell that end-of-semester and yet-to-hear-from-grad-school stress is getting to me. (I didn’t even get into my packing list(s), my grocery list, my “songs and movies to purchase when I have money” list, or “things to blog about when I have the time” list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment