7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 93)




1. Yes, this Quick Takes is on Saturday because I've slept a lot at weird hours and lost track of what day it is. Grad life.

2. So, elections were this week. Actual results aside, nothing makes me question democracy like elections.

3. I didn’t really pay that much attention to this election cycle as November means there is only one month before all my classes finish up. The stressful season is upon me!

4. To add to that, I have a thesis proposal due next week. I’m glad that’s it’s starting to come together, but it’s all going very fast.

5. A good thing about November’s arrival means Advent is just a few weeks away! Mom’s knitted nativity is getting me prepared for the time of preparation.
6. I’ve been thinking of covering my head in church during Advent this year. I’m not feeling particularly called to, but it is a practice I would like to try at some point to see if it enhances or distracts during worship. I guess I need to make a decision soon in case I need to find veils.

7. So this exists. Gregorian-ish version of Oasis. I’m not sure if I actually like it or not, but it fascinated me as much as when I discovered bluegrass covers of 80s pop songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment