7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 51)




1. Congrats to Nate Silver: the real winner of election night. I like when nerdy professions get to be cool for awhile. Also, the twitter account @nateDRUNKsilver is the funniest thing I've read all week.

2. For the most part, it seemed pretty civil on facebook on election night (at least compared to 2008). Maybe I just did a good job blocking the extremists throughout October.

3. I loved South Park’s take on the election/ Disney’s acquisition of Star Wars. South Park may be crude, but it does a good job at pointing out the absurd in current events. Also, it aired Wednesday night with a dead-on representation of Obama’s acceptance speech from early Wednesday morning; that’s just impressive.


4. I got a piece of candy in one of my classes for correctly identifying what significant event happened on January 28, 1986. My interest in space is finally paying off in my business classes.

5. Registration for spring is next week, and I’m really hoping it goes smoothly. I don’t want to reorganize my schedule six times just to get into classes I need.

6. I know there’s still a month, but I’m seeing a light at the end of the semester tunnel. Yay!

7. Current NaNoWriMo word count: 17,619. I made a pretty awesome excel sheet to track daily word count goals, actual daily word count, total word count, and some other writing stats. I don’t know if I’m more proud of my writing or my spreadsheet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment