7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 52)




1. I read about the Vatican’s Latin academy this week. I miss taking Latin. I’m not very good at learning new languages, but I really do enjoy studying them nonetheless. I learned a lot about language, culture, history, and geography in my Latin classes.Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres.

2. On the subject of languages, I tweeted this earlier this week: 



3. I don’t know how I did it, but my sleep schedule got all out of whack, meaning I’m tired all day, but can’t nap and can’t get to sleep until 2 or 3 (hence writing this at 2 a.m.). But my Friday class got cancelled, so I’m hoping three days of sleeping in will at least help me catch up on missed sleep.

4. I just realized I have a three-day weekend, followed by two days of class, and then a five-day weekend. Suddenly, life is more optimistic! (And I immediately calculated how many of those days I could stay in pajamas all day.)

5. I normally gripe about people celebrating Christmas early, but I must say, I’m ready for it to get here already. Maybe it was walking through the mall already decked out or maybe it was watching Love Actually with a group of friends last night, but I’m ready for Advent. I want to decorate and bake and listen to Christmas music, but I won’t do it until the proper liturgical season gets here. 

6. Plus, when the birth of Christ comes with a Doctor Who special, how can I not be impatient for Christmas?

"Hello, Sexy." And by sexy, I mean the TARDIS, obviously.

7. Current NaNoWriMo word count: 30,115. Writing has been a bit slow this week, but I’m still ahead of schedule. And I have a three-day weekend to catch up/get ahead (though, really, I should probably catch up on homework first…).

1 comment:

  1. #6 The Doctor Who Christmas special is definitely part of my annual Christmas celebration as well. And this year, the Christmas special is when we meet the new companion! Yet, another reason (as if we need any) to celebrate the Incarnation.

    ReplyDelete