1. I read about the Vatican’s Latin academy this week. I miss taking Latin. I’m not very good at learning new languages, but I really do enjoy studying them nonetheless. I learned a lot about language, culture, history, and geography in my Latin classes.Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres.
2. On the subject of languages, I tweeted this earlier this week:
3. I don’t know how I did it, but my sleep schedule got all out of whack, meaning I’m tired all day, but can’t nap and can’t get to sleep until 2 or 3 (hence writing this at 2 a.m.). But my Friday class got cancelled, so I’m hoping three days of sleeping in will at least help me catch up on missed sleep.
4. I just realized I have a three-day weekend, followed by two days of class, and then a five-day weekend. Suddenly, life is more optimistic! (And I immediately calculated how many of those days I could stay in pajamas all day.)
5. I normally gripe about people celebrating Christmas early, but I must say, I’m ready for it to get here already. Maybe it was walking through the mall already decked out or maybe it was watching Love Actually with a group of friends last night, but I’m ready for Advent. I want to decorate and bake and listen to Christmas music, but I won’t do it until the proper liturgical season gets here.
6. Plus, when the birth of Christ comes with a Doctor Who special, how can I not be impatient for Christmas?
|"Hello, Sexy." And by sexy, I mean the TARDIS, obviously.|
7. Current NaNoWriMo word count: 30,115. Writing has been a bit slow this week, but I’m still ahead of schedule. And I have a three-day weekend to catch up/get ahead (though, really, I should probably catch up on homework first…).