7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 53) Thanksgiving edition




1. I’m thankful for my baptism. Even if I can’t remember it, I hold it dear to my heart, and I seem to appreciate having it more and more as I get older. I also appreciate being raised in a wonderful church family that taught me how to love God, care for others, and seek answers to my questions. 

2. I’m thankful for my wonderful, wonderful parents who show me nothing but love and support. And now that I’m an adult, they’ve also proven to be pretty awesome friends. 

3. I’m thankful for the Church and the hundreds of tiny, illuminating steps that lead me to her. And I’m thankful that she continues to illuminate my path toward God. 

4.I’m thankful I live in a country where I don’t fear attack daily, where I can worship how I want, where I can say what I think, where I can participate in elections, and where I have access to so much education.

5. I’m thankful for my extended family. I’m particularly grateful for my 92-year-old granddad and his excellent health.

6. I’m thankful for literacy. I can’t imagine my life without authors to meet, worlds to explore, or a concrete way to express myself.

7. I’m thankful for the wealth and security I live in and for the ability to distract myself with such things after a pretty rough/emotional week. Speaking of distractions, NaNoWriMo count: 39597.

No comments:

Post a Comment