1. In biggest news, I decided to quit the accounting program. I still want to continue my education, but it’s up in the air right now exactly what I’ll study. I'm looking into some different grad programs (not business). I never loved accounting, but thought it was the smart choice. Turns out all that corny advice about doing what you love was true. Now the hard part of figuring out what I love.
2. Even without knowing what my next step is, I feel a million times better than I did a few weeks ago. I don’t feel locked in by fear. I’m actually excited thinking about possible graduate programs; I had forgotten what being excited about school felt like.
3. In even more exciting news, I might be going back to Scotland this summer! More details to come if it actually works out. I don't know what it is about that country that captivates me.
4. The relief of quitting accounting (and the free time of dropping a class) has resulted in a creative kick this past week. I’ve gotten a lot of work done, and I’m hoping that I can continue the kick through the rest of the semester.
5. The semester is half over, as spring break starts today! I’m looking forward to seeing lots of my friends over break. And a possible Firefly marathon.
6. It's also halfway through Lent. I’m not sure if it’s because I gave up sweets for Lent or not, but I’m convinced that Easter sweets are the best kind. Cadbury crème eggs, Sweet Tart gummy bunnies, homemade peanut butter eggs, and hollow chocolate bunnies. Add that to Girl Scout cookies, and Easter totally beats Halloween and Christmas in the yummy department.
7. This is both funny and sad. People give their opinions on the new Pope (you know, the one who hasn't been chosen yet.)