7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 79)




1. I’m really looking forward to Advent. I’m not sure if it’s for the season itself, or if I’m just ready for November and all of its requirements to be over with. So many many papers, so little time.

2. I’m not participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but I wish I was. I think I’m going to hit 50,000 words of school work though, so I guess that’s something. Hopefully I can use Christmas break for some personal writing.

3. Ok, I am looking forward to Advent for some real reasons too. It’s the start of another church year, and I want to treat it as such by making some changes that will help me spiritually.

4. 50 Ways to Pray. I might do a whole other post on it, but since I’m so busy, I want to go ahead and share it. I’m working on doing better about praying throughout the day in little ways, and this list is a great idea generator.

5. I have a reading list for break that I’m excited about. I really want to get a lot written and read, but I’ll have to battle the urge to just sleep and Netflix the whole month.

6. On my reading list is Flannery O’Connor. I haven’t picked a particular book yet, but I keep thinking I need to be more familiar with her work. Especially when I come across quotes like this:

7. In Tennessee weather news, it snowed Tuesday. November snow is practically unheard of, so I was hoping the flurries would incite enough panic to cancel class, but alas, it didn’t. Then yesterday, the temperature ranged from 19 to 55. I seriously don’t know how to dress for the day anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment