7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 88)


1. Long time, no quick takes! I’m still trying to get on this semester’s schedule, so I’m not sure how consistent my blogging will be. It doesn’t feel like the semester has really started since I’m still waiting on several of my books (of course the first ones I need are the last to come in).

2. But since I don’t have my books, I can delay my schoolwork and get some writing done! It’s going to be hard getting back into actual work mode next week (having papers due, etc). I’ve enjoyed going to work, writing in the afternoon, then lazily watching Netflix in the evening. I’m not ready for reality to hit again.

3. One of my movie finds for the week was Chaplin, the 1992 bio of Charlie Chaplin played by Robert Downey Jr. It’s a rather long film, but I get sucked in whenever I see it. It makes me want to pull out my Chaplin and Harold Lloyd collections and have silent movie day (plus The Dictator).

4. Even though I’ve had it easy the past two weeks, I still feel like this most days:

5. Tennessee weather rant: Is it fall yet? Because walking home in 90 degree, humid weather in the afternoon is getting old. I want crisp mornings and cool breezes and jackets. And if it’s going to rain, it should at least cool down to do so, because warm storms are gross.

6. If the title of the blog hasn’t given it away, I really like the hymn What Wondrous Love is This. I discovered this version this week:


7. Uplifting thought of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment