7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 89)


1. Paper writing season is upon me! I’ve had a rough time actually getting thoughts into words and then words onto paper this week, both with school and personal writing. Hopefully, I’ll get over this writer’s block soon. 

2. Paper writing season also means paper (and –eek- thesis) topic picking season. I am awful at picking topics. I like to be given assignments. Choosing a topic and developing a claim are way harder than researching and analyzing and writing. 

3. One of my classes is on religion. We have to keep a journal and write response papers. Considering that I write about religion all the time, you think I wouldn’t have writer’s block in that class, but it’s been awful trying to get into a flow. Hopefully once I do start getting proper journal entries, some of them will be blog transferable. 

4. Am I the only person who didn’t get a free copy of U2’s new album? I don’t use cloud, so I didn’t get the forced gift. I feel so left out. I had to go to itunes and download the free album myself. Total first world problems up in here. 

5. I enjoyed following the Scottish referendum vote. I knew it wouldn’t pass, but I liked all the talk about what independence would entail. Since I didn’t have any personal investment one way or the other, I went with the emotional, freedom-from-empire side. Aye, Alba! 
6. I’m heading to a retreat this weekend with the Catholic Center. I’m exciting for the weekend plans and Jesus time. I’m not so excited about leaving my hermit hole. But it’s finally starting to cool down and feel like fall. 

7. I love this performance. The Preservation Hall Jazz Band & The Del McCoury Band:

No comments:

Post a Comment