7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 17)



1. I’m getting into the swing of school. I realized I had forgotten the true meaning of being busy. But for the most part, I’m enjoying it.

2. I am not enjoying driving 45 minutes each way three days a week. Or how much gas that is costing. I could really use suggestions on podcasts to keep me entertained.

3. This school uses a plus/minus system, which means I have to make a 93 or 94 in most classes for it to count as an A (compared to the traditional 90). As someone who usually makes 91-95 in classes, I’m not liking that.

4. We received a King Cake at work this week. In case you don't know, a King Cake is a sugar-covered cake made during Mardi Gras. It is decorated with green, purple, and yellow sugar. A small plasic baby is hidden in the cake, and the person who finds it is supposed to make the cake the next year. I’m not sure why we got it so early, since Mardi Gras is a month away, but I was pretty excited. It’s made me impatient for Ash Wednesday.

5. I always seem impatient for the next season in Ordinary Time. I need to work on that, because Ordinary Time is important too.

6. I found the baby in the King Cake! In the first piece too.

7. I’m seeing a number of friends from high school this weekend, and I’m pretty excited for that!


Check out others' Quick Takes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment