Reach Out and Touch Faith


At some point almost every day, I find myself saying, “tangible God.” I’m not even thinking about God or faith or Mass. The idea just strikes me and then moves on. But really. Tangible God. A physical reality. A God that I can touch. A God that became human. A God that fills the Eucharist. A God that fills me when I consume. A God to whom I associate very real smells and tastes and touches. It’s truly the most life-altering concept I’ve ever learned.  Suddenly God is there, concretely.

It’s almost too much for me to wrap my head around, like, if I truly understood it all, I'd explode, as if the material that makes up my being is too weak for heavenly reality. Isn't that what is meant by a mystery in the Church? 

Tangible God. It seems too good to be true. But it is Good. And it is Truth. I love my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment