7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 72)




1. The Feast of the Assumption was yesterday. I considered writing a whole post on the dogma of Mary, but instead, I just have a bad pun:

 
2. I was supposed to start my GA position this week, but bureaucracy said no. So I’m enjoying a few more days of summer until I’m approved to start.

3. But I’d actually like to start soon. I’m getting bored at home, which is saying a lot for this uber-introvert. I’m suffering from a bad case of writer’s block, and it’s making me antsy.

4. I ordered all my books for the semester. Fourteen grad school books were $100 less than the four business school books I bought last semester. And I’ll probably enjoy these more.

5. Speaking of books, today’s chore is reorganizing my two little bookshelves (and bemoaning the fact that I don’t have the shelves or space for the other 4/5 of my books).

6. I’m looking forward to seeing The Butler this week. It looks like a great movie with lots and lots of great actors, but really, I’m mostly going to see Alan Rickman play Ronald Reagan.

7. Also in movie world, Into Darkness comes out on dvd in a few weeks. Until then, I have Picard's review.

No comments:

Post a Comment