7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 73)



1. I finally finished Around the World in 80 Days. I thought it was going to take me 80 days to get through it, but once I got them on an elephant in India, I was hooked. There is something about Victorian literature that really gets to me. Compared with more contemporary novels, the voices are stand-offish. There is never too much description about a character’s inner thoughts or feelings. And yet I get really attached the characters by the end. The sense of anachronism continues.

2. So now I really want to start another Jules Verne book, which means Orthodoxy is being put on hold again, as well as The Girls of Atomic City and The Brothers Karamasov. I was going to get those read before school started. Oops. And then I randomly started The Time Machine yesterday, so everything gets doubly bumped. 

3. How I envision my life until Christmas break.

4. The students are moving into the dorms this week, which has made campus way too crowded for my taste. I like the summer population better.

5. I’ve been playing around on InDesign and Photoshop all week. I had forgotten how much I loved doing layout. Making clean, orderly, informative things. It’s work, but soothing at the same time.

6. Speaking of informative, I love this list of maps. I love maps in general, but these are particularly good.

7. I saw this video yesterday and instantly loved it. I like when a song can be parodied well. Plus, what an awesome song choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment