7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 95)



1. I didn’t post last Friday because I was still in post-Thanksgiving coma. My Thanksgiving meal included three kinds of meat (although none fried). 


2. In case you live under a rock, the new Star Wars trailer was released. Now, I’ve never been a huge Star Wars fan, and obviously people are worried that Episode 6 will just be like the prequels with extra lens flare, but the trailer looks really good. It surprisingly does what trailers are supposed to do: get you pumped up without giving away the plot. Seriously, John Williams.


3. So now everyone is optimistic and nostalgic about Star Wars—truly an Advent miracle.

4. Speaking of Advent and Star Wars, I thought the only place they crossed on the Venn diagram was at the word hope, but then I saw this.

5. The trailer shows a new version of the light saber that has generated some criticism. I was unsure of a new saber too; fortunately, top analysis has been done.


6. And speaking of seasonal miracles:
7. I’m spending this weekend in Washington, D.C. for one of my classes. I'm excited for the opportunity, but at the same time, I have lots of work for next week piling up. I will be extremely rushed to finish up the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment