Blessed are the Peacemakers

Today I’m praying for peace.

I’m praying for the people of Ukraine, for their lives, their safety, their homes, their freedom, their well-being.

I’m praying for the Russians who risked their freedom to go out and protest the invasion.

I’m praying for the people in nearby countries who are fearful the violence may spill over to their homes.

I’m praying for the responders going into the chaos or opening their arms to refugees.

I’m praying for those for whom this recalls the trauma of living under Soviet control or another authoritarian government.

I’m praying for the people of Yemen and all the other places who have lived under war for years without proportionate global outrage.

I’m praying for the leaders who have to make quick, difficult decisions with lives on the line.

I’m praying for the soldiers who are putting their lives on the line for their homeland or the safety of others. And I’m praying for the soldiers who were misled or blindly believed the lies that lead them into war.

Blessed are the peacemakers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment