I've been in a dark place the past few days. Nothing in particular triggered it, just a looming weight that makes everything hit a little harder and hurt a little longer. I know the feeling will pass in a few days, but it's difficult trying wait, even if there is hope. I went to church today knowing I really needed. I was that sick person in need of a hospital, that weary traveler in need of rest. I knew the looming wasn't going to go away in that single hour, but I didn't need an instant cure. I didn't get one. I just needed a lessening of the burden, enough to keep going, to keep hoping. And I got that. Enough to know that I'm not alone, that the darkness will lessen, that the words will return.
I got comforts and challenges and agape and hope and the prayers of saints and the Body and Blood of Christ. You know, typical Mass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
New pope edition! Just some of the things I've seen following Pope Francis' election . 1. What really goes on in the Sistine Ch...
-
"Since the highest good is known and acquired in the truth, and that truth is wisdom, let us enjoy to the full the highest good, which ...
-
What is the purpose of asking God for things? Doesn’t He already know what we want, and more importantly, what we need? C. S. Lewis asked th...

No comments:
Post a Comment