7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 102)



1. Yes, it’s been a few weeks since I did a Quick Takes. I just couldn’t find seven things in any particular week. It’s been pretty quiet. I’ve been wasting this vast amount of free time. I can't say that this will return to any regularity soon.

2. I graduated this past weekend. I didn’t go to the ceremony, so it hasn’t quite hit yet. I’ll pick up my diploma in a few weeks. That might help.

3. Still continuing the job search. Still don’t know what I want to do with my life.

4. The summer is creeping in. The afternoons are getting too hot for my taste, and the humidity is getting high enough that my hair will frizz out any day now. The mornings are still pleasant, and I’m trying to force myself out of bed to be productive during the nice part of the day.

5. I read an article earlier this week on the average American Catholic. I don't really know what to make of it other than that it seemed accurate to my limited observations.

6. I bought a bunch of books this week. One benefit of finishing grad school is all the time to read things for pleasure instead of class/research. Working on some Hemingway. Attempting Camus next. I don’t know why either of these choices seemed like a good idea for someone trying to starve off post-grad-unemployment depression.

7. My favorite picture of the week. Two of my journalism role models: Lisa Ling and Anderson Cooper.



No comments:

Post a Comment