7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 106)


1. Yes, yes, I’ve been terrible at posting lately. Ugh. Looking back, my posting peak was definitely during my transition to Catholicism. Now I’m going weeks without learning new things. Shame on me.

2. I’ve started my new job and am trying to get into the swing of things. Right now I still feel like more of a nuisance than an asset.

3. I’m commuting 3 hours a day. That partly explains why I’m not writing much and also explains how I’m quickly tiring of all my favorite songs.

4. But I get to look at the mountains a lot while I drive. Yay! I fall more in love them each year.

5. On a light note: A bishop arrives late for a confirmation service in a Southern town. He stumbles hurriedly out of the car, vestments on but disheveled. He sees a man standing on the sidewalk and asks, "Is Mass out?" The man looks around at the bishop's backside and says, "No, but your hat's on crooked." 

6. And another: A priest processes to the altar for Mass and realizes his microphone is faulty. He says loudly, "There's something wrong with this microphone!" The congregation replies, "And also with you."

7. Did you know 9/11 has been called Patriot Day since 2002? Because I’m pretty sure I had never heard of it until 2013. And it’s a day of service? Didn’t know that until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment